Hearing Aid Checks, Repairs and Cleanings
- Routine hearing aid checks will be scheduled to ensure you are pleased with your hearing aids.
- Repairs can be made on most hearing aid brands and types.
Speech Mapping/Real Ear Measurement
- This is a new state-of-the-art technology designed to make the hearing aid fitting more effective. It is done to ensure the hearing aid is giving you sounds you need most.
- Adjusts the hearing aid to make sure it is fit properly for your hearing loss and takes into account your ear canal size and shape.
- Allows for a more accurate hearing aid fitting and can reduce the number of follow-up visits required.
Recommendation and Installation of Assistive Listening Devices
- Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs) are available to help you hear better and be safe in your home.
- At your request the audiologist will evaluate your need for ALDs and will install them for you.
- Devices are available for the TV and phone, along with amplified smoke detectors and alerting devices such as doorbells and alarm clocks.
- Many hearing aids now have the ability to wirelessly connect to your cell phone, TV, home phone, etc.
- This new technology allows the hearing aid user to listen to devices through both hearing aids, hands free!
- Allows for better speech understanding when using the phone and watching the television.
Hearing Aid Training & Counseling
- The patient will be trained on proper hearing aid use including how to change the battery, clean and insert the hearing aid, etc.
- Counseling of realistic expectations of hearing aids and how to optimize your listening environment.
- Family members are encouraged to be present for hearing aid fittings and trainings. Family members help remember important information and provide support.
Hearing Aid Batteries and Accessories
- Patients have the opportunity to join our battery mail order program. Batteries will be mailed to the patient's home when needed. Batteries can also be purchased during home visits.
- Accessories, such as remote controls, are available.
Custom Hearing Protection Devices
- Earmold impressions can be taken to make custom protection devices. These devices fit specifically to your ears and allow for greater comfort and retention.
- Protect your hearing during loud activities such as hunting, exercise classes, yard work. etc.
Custom Swim Molds
- Earmold impressions can be taken to make custom swim molds to keep water out of the ear when in the shower, pool, etc.
- Completed to determine the type and degree of hearing loss.
- Evaluation includes pure tone air and bone conduction testing, along with speech testing
- A detailed report of the results will be given to each patient.
- Results will help guide the audiologist in making appropriate treatment recommendations
Hearing Aid Selection and Fitting
- The audiologist will work with you to determine the most appropriate hearing aid for your individual hearing loss, lifestyle and budget.
- A wide range of styles, sizes and technology are available
- Once the hearing aid is selected, the audiologist will program the hearing aid specifically for your hearing loss.
- Adjustments will be made to make sounds as audible and comfortable as possible.
comfort of home audiology